Sometimes its hard to know exactly what to communicate in your social media status updates – it needs to be of interest to your followers and “likers” but it also needs to serve the purpose of getting your brand and message across. Regular posting also keeps you front of mind, but again be careful not to post too often and this just becomes annoying and will, have no doubt, damage your brand/professional image.
So just some thoughts on some of the things you could post:
- Direct promotional posts to the benefits of your products
- Product updates
- New courses
- Recent new articles, press releases, links to PR coverage
- New books you have written or of interest to readers
- Recent research
- Interesting facts
- Seasonal messages (Happy xmas, Easter etc)
- Customer testimonials or results if they are happy to publish
- New accreditations or memberships
- New clients
- Link to your blog when a new post is up
- Polls – a good way to start discussion on something e.g. I am writing a course on stress management – do you think role play is a good idea in courses? Please comment your thoughts….